Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Response to comments

One of the comments on my The Mob post was about how websites such as websites and cyber-bullying are leading to the suicides of many people. I think that the website formspring is probably one of the most problematic websites I have ever seen. The fact that absolutely ANYONE can ask you a question completely anonymously on your formspring, whether they have an account or not, is a terrible idea. It has lead to a major increase in cyber bullying because now the victims do not even know who their bully's are. All the victims see are completely anonymous people telling them how much they hate them. My friends and some of my family members have formspring accounts and some of the posts I have seen on there are completely appalling. I believe a website like this was with good intentions. It was created so people can ask questions they have always wanted to know but never have had the courage to ask in person. However, it has turned into a way to bully anonymously with no consequences and a website that has increased the number of suicides due to cyber-bullying.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie..
    Your work stands out in this class. I wasn't aware of forcespring.. I'll check that out..

    Good job on the essay.. "A" work definitely
    You also had great concepts and took much care with the photoshop assignments.

    you have an "A" going into the second half of the semester..

    Please keep participating in class discussions, you really help make the class interesting.. thanks..

    ReplyDelete