Sunday, September 19, 2010

Social Media and Web 2.0

1. I think amateur user-generated content will get better over time. I think this because if the content and production level of TV shows or advertisements drop, people will be less likely to view them. I personally do not like to watch TV shows or ads of low production, to me and many other people, they do not look good and are just annoying to try and watch.

2. I find myself most often using Facebook and Twitter for social networking sites. I use Facebook more than others because it is the most popular and one of the most convenient ways to see what my friends are up to and to communicate with them. In my opinion Facebook is much more popular and successful than Myspace is for many reasons. One reason is security, Facebook is much more secure and has much better privacy options than Myspace does. Another reason is there used to be much controversy over Myspace. Another reason is that Myspace was the first popular social network to be launched so it gave Facebook the opportunity to learn and grow from Myspace's mistakes.

3. Transparency is an important concept in the social media world because it shows truth. It gives accountability to websites and other forms of social media and it shows communication. I think transparency is more important in the offline world. The definition given for transparency, when used in a social setting, is that it implies "openness, communication and accountability".  Showing someone that you are open, able to communicate and that you are accountable is extremely important in the offline world. Those qualities and features are what people look for in each other. Those qualities are what employers look for when they are hiring new people. Those qualities are what employers look for in their employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment